It is important to keep the eyebrow area healthy, clean, strong, and non-irritated to prevent and decrease the risk of bacterial infection.
- Do not pick, tweeze, dye, or wax 3 days before your procedure.
- Electrolysis should not be performed one week before procedure. This can cause extreme sensitivity in the eyebrow area.
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face.
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one month prior to treatment.
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have Botox or facial fillers 3 weeks prior.
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners).
- Do not take ibuprofen, aspirin, marine or anything that would thin the blood.In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your procedure.
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure.
- Do not wear contact lens during the procedure.
- Do not wear mascara on the day of your procedure.
- Do not wear eye shadow or use eyelash curler on the day of the procedure.
If you have ever had a history cold sore, fever blister, and or chicken pox please you are recommend to take Zovirax, Valtrex or anti-viral 2 days before and 2 days after procedure to prevent potential outbreak of a cold score.
Post Aftercare for Permanent Eyebrows
Taking proper care immediately after your procedure is essential to attaining the best result. Please keep in mind that your newly permanent makeup will go through different stages during the healing phase.
What to expect:
- Expect treated area to appear big and dark for several days and will fade.
- Do not panic when fading takes place. It’s part of the process. After 15 days you will see the true color. This is why we book your follow up appointment 30-45 day after.
- You may be ice to relieve swelling.
- Use a clean cotton swab to apply aquaphore 2-4 times daily until the treated area has healed.
- No makeup, tinting of lashes, sun, sauna, soap, steam, exercise, hot yoga, and Jacuzzi. Also, avoid swimming in chlorine pool or ocean for one week until treated area is completely healed.
- Do not rub, pick or traumatize the treated area during the healing phase.
- All procedure must HEAL, PEEL, and FAD. This will take up to 10 days.
- Sleep on clean satin pillow after while treated area is healing.
- Do not use any products that contain antibiotic ointment, AHA’s, Vitamin A, Retinol or similar lightening and peeling products on the treated area during the healing process. It will fade out the pigment color.
Post Aftercare for Permanent Eyeliner
- For swelling apply ice a couple minutes at a time.
- Do not wear mascara for 7 days after procedure.
- Do not touch your eyes, use clean cotton swab.
- Use a new mascara when resume back.
- Do not use eyelash curler a couple of days before and after procedure.
- Sleep on a clean satin pillowcase
- Avoid driving yourself to and from procedure.
- Do not use harsh soaps, or cleaners for 2-3 days.
- Do not wear contact lenses for 1or 2 days after eyeliner tattooed.
- Avoid all eye makeup until treated area us completed healed.
- Do not smoke while lips are healing.
- Keep lips lubricated with (PETROLEUM or AQUAPHORE) for at lest 2 weeks.
- Avoid fruits and foods that are citrus, greasy, salty or spicy until your lips are healed.
- Avoid Retin A on the lips.
- Avoid long and steamy showers.
- Do not bleach your tooth while lips are healing.
- Drink using a straw.
- Be gentle with your lips during the healing process.
*Failure to follow the above instructions will result in less than desired result.
Although rare, if you experience allergic reactions please contact your doctor immediately and Elizabeth Smith at Million Dollar Brows.